Saturday, September 13, 2008

And I Began to Speak in other tongue

94 Sherman Street
9/11/2008 11:48 PM

My study had finally began.
The first class was a little “O My God”.
Not just because, we are required to read up to 9 books but also the depth of content in the course that I fear I might fall behind.
See.. it involves theology interpretation of the bible etc. A concept I’m so foreign to it.
I am a Christian but never really have theology background.

Half way through the class I was intimidated by the other student in the class whom seem so bright, knowingly and expert on the field. While I find myself sitting there, kept saying to myself… “Uh-Oh… What did he says again? Who’s that person he mention?”.
Ooooh It’s funny when I think back to that second.
I mean… clearly I do not speak their language. How can I cope with that?

Then my lecturer gave 10 minutes break. I rushed to the student lounged.
Am I running away?
Am I so frightened?

A glass of cold water refreshed my dull mind

I am intimidated
But not by others or by the course … (well, maybe a little bit)
But by ME
I intimidate myself
I let myself to think that I cannot.
Who says I cannot? I just have to work a little harder

I marched back to the room with a brand new thought
Clearly I do not speak their language
But this course will enable and prepared me for a 1 year journey here at Hartford Seminary

And yes… I began to speak in other tongue

PS. Thanks Jacky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This might not make you feel much better...but I'm a little intimidated, too. I grew up in church, but I don't have the "in class" theology background so far...

We'll just learn together and kick each other's butts to study! :-) <3