Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A letter to my better-half

Dear my boyfriend (still),
We had an awesome 3 years of marriage on our hand now.
Not yet as many as our parents but we give thanks for each passing year.
But we’re also dating each other for 10 years and will still continue to do so.
Thank you for these 3 and 10 years.
We have ride the wind hand in hand high and low
We fall and we bruised
But we get up and soar again.
We have done our best to be the wind in each other’s wings
So we may fly and reach the sky
Thank you, I have flown high and you have been the anchor and the solid ground I stand.
Thus, I don’t fly too high and get lost but stay rooted and remember who I really am.
We both have our weakness and strength
In 3 years of marriage and 10 years of dating
We have learned to work in-tune with each other
We have learned to understand, accept, respect and love each other
We have been together in each other weakest point and also in our strongest point
And now as we have been trusted with our bundle of joy, Tania.
I can’t say anything else, I thank God everyday for a great man as you are.

My wonderful husband and boyfriend,
My best friend and partner
The father of my child and the better-half of me
Thank you for always treating me lovingly (I’ll do my best on my part too)
Thank you for trusting me and believing in me
Thank you for loving my family as your own
Thank you for putting our love and life in God’s hand
Thank you for the fun, crazy and adventurous thing we’ve done together (and more to come)
Thank you for the best head and shoulder massage (available every time with/without request)
Thank you for caring for me during pregnancy (your wits help me survived)
Thank you for holding my hand on the delivery  room when Tania came to this world (actually, allowed your hand to be squeezed so hard by me to the point of bruising)  
Thank you for a hands-on, ever so ready and willing help in those first day of parent hood (thank you to Internet and bunch of friends and family on facebook for the tips and advices)
Thank you for not reside in being “Man-ly” and always there for me as we together care for Tania. Unlike any man or other father I know for sure.
You have shown me and Tania what a great man is made of.
 Hope one day she’ll be as blessed and as lucky as I am to find a man like you
Thank you for so many different things. I would like to say more but the list will go on and on
So I’m ending it with the most important thing
Thank you for choosing me…

No comments: