Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Blessing


I'm being nauseated for the last few months and frankly now I began to miss enjoying my food without hating it on the 5th spoon. This morning I woke up feeling queasy too so I decided to lie for a while in bed… praying… thinking… daydreaming…
I remember one lesson we talked about often at home about blessing of contentment… or blessing to enjoy… Well… here I am struggling with the right English term for it… mind you this is 6 am and my brain is everywhere right now. 
In Indonesia we call is “Karunia Menikmati” – roughly translated as blessing to be able to enjoy what we have - And of all the blessings we used to ask God in our prayer, I guess this is one blessing we somehow forgot to mention. We ask for happiness, success, wealth, to be kept away from danger and harm etc etc.
No matter how much we have - a lot or little – blessing of enjoyment of being content in what we have will make everything worthwhile and that will bring happiness. So many of us embark in the ladder of life where we get better position in work and receive better salary, then what happen. Our needs grow more and more. We somehow never seem to have enough. We became “greedy” because we cannot be happy with what we have right now. Just look around, there are more people who have much less than what you have but they live and they survive. For every animal God provide shelter and food. For us God will do even more… only if we first learn to be happy with what we have, to be content with enormous blessing of life we receive every new day…
So Dear God… give me today a blessing of contentment – for me to enjoy fully your blessings in my life no matter how little or how big it is… and to share it with others…
Teach us O God to count our blessings so we may receive a heart full of wisdom

Happy Sunday!